Wednesday 18 May 2011

Gone - Lets Get Gone Real Gone For A Change (1986)


From the dope addled mind of Black Flag and SST head honcho, Greg Ginn, came Gone back in '86. A vehicle for his complete wig out, free-jazz obsessed, hippy rock dreams. This is early 70's stadium jams transposed to 1980's van tours and shitty basements. Its awesome. I have always been a fan of Flag's "The Process Of Weeding Out" and after watching the Reality 86'd documentary I was reminded of how much fun this record is. So I dug it out, spun it in the car to work a few times this week and am sharing it here now. Bonus note, until recently I had no idea it was the almighty rhythm section of Andrew Weiss and Sim Cain. YES!



This is not punk rock!

3 comments:

  1. Could you please upload it again? The link is broken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you upload again this one please?
    thanx!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the links are down while I find a new server. Mediafire deleted my account.

    ReplyDelete