Tuesday 21 June 2011

Godstopper - Demo (2010)

Seriously, I can't stop listening to this at the moment. Its grimy hooks are buried in my brain, yanking away, screaming for me to listen. Godstopper exist in a strange realm where Swans had a love child with Ween and this demo is the outcome of that sordid night. The weird, mid range sludge of the guitars seems at odds with the very melodic "rock" of the vocals at times but in this world they work perfectly together. The suffocating, claustrophobic, lo-fi production only adds to the general air of grime and filth which in turn makes the vocal patterns leap out from the mix. I really have struggled at trying to describe this to people so I will just leave it here for your to understand yourselves..


Here is the video for the best song on here, seriously. I love this so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment